printing from MS-Access

LBonk at gmx.at LBonk at gmx.at
Wed Mar 23 01:38:13 PST 2005

i have a serious problem:
Samba & Cups are working fine with most of the common applications in our network. but when a user tries to print something out of MS-Access, the application says, there is no printer installed! although a standard printer is defined and printing works fine out of all other office applications.

Printing would also work fine out of MS-Access, if we use win2k server instead of linux-cups for driver-providing.

for me it looks like a problem with the printer-drivers (generic adobe-postscript), supplied by the cups server. (???)

we are using samba 3.10 with cups and the generic-ps-drivers from adobe. the problem doesnt stick to a certain printer model, it occurs with every printer on the network.

anyone can help?