How to remove ^L from print job?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon May 2 05:41:24 PDT 2005

Insert a statement like this into your printer's PPD:

*cupsFilter: "text/plain 0 kill_ff"

where kill_ff is a nice little script, located in your CUPS's filter
directory, which
just kills the leading ^L. This script could look like this (not
tested):
---snip---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
$textfile = $ARGV[5];
if (defined $textfile)
{
   open (INPUT, "<$textfile") || die ("ERROR: $textfile: $!\n");
}
else
{
   open (INPUT, "<&STDIN") || die ("ERROR: STDIN $!\n");
}
$leading_stuff = 1;
while (<INPUT>)
{