CUPS 1.1.23 on HP-UX

Klaus Fehlker lythie_ng at gmx.net
Tue May 3 02:43:19 PDT 2005

Hi,

I try to install CUPS 1.1.23 on HP-UX 11 and had problems with cp flags used by the installation script. As described in a previous thread (1.0.2 on HP-UX) I had to tweak the Makedefs file to use the CUPS installation script (s. below).

Now that I am using this installation script i get the error that it does not know how to make ppd.h. The file is actually in the source distribution, but after executing configure and make it does not exist anymore in the folder "cups".

Extracting all files again from the tar file did not work. It linked again and during "make install" it broke with the same error. So what shall I do?

How comes that the file is deleted by configure and make?

Thanks,
Klaus

[..]
#INSTALL                =       /opt/imake/bin/install -c
INSTALL                =       /u00/CUPS/cups-1.1.23/install-sh
[..]
"Makedefs" 192 lines, 4563 characters

# make install > make-install.log
Make: Don't know how to make ppd.h.  Stop.

Stop.
# exit