Hide some printers for some PCs

Burps burps at freesurf.fr
Tue May 3 05:04:46 PDT 2005

Hi

I Have a server CUPS (A) which centralizes every printer on the network,  and to which each workstation refers to send a print job.

I habe a CUPS server on B, for a single USB printer : This printer should be reserved to the user on B.

This works very fine for the B user, since he can see every printer, + B

BUT the other users can also see the B printer, and send it print jobs, waht I wouldn't like...

I tried to modify several settings in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, but nothing seemed to work :

- BrowseAddress localhost

- BrowseAllow 127.0.0.1
BrowsDeny All

- <Location />
Deny from All
Alllow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

Non of these modification did the trick, I don't know what I could test now...
Help appreciated :)