Problem with 'pdftops' filter

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu May 5 11:43:51 PDT 2005

Julien Bossert wrote:

> Something new...
>
> I passed a PDF A4 file through '/usr/bin/pdftops' and then I transformed
> the resulting PS file with 'mpage -2 -bA4' to obtain a second PS file.
>
> When I try to print this second PS file with duplex mode, the printer asks me to change a mechanical switch's position from "A4" to "LTR/LGL": the printer believes I'm using letter or legal paper?
>
> The resulting printing is shifted on recto and on not verso, but there the bottom of the page content is cropped leaving a blank on the paper.
>
> Julien

Look at the pdftops manpage and read the paragraphs on the configuration
page.
I suppose your xpdf (including the pdftops utility) has been compiled to
use
Letter as default page size.

Define a different default page size in the configuration file(s) or use
the
command line option "-paper A4" (or "-paper match" if your PDF has the
A4 media
box defined). Then, I think, there is no need to feed the job through
mpage.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke