query a LPD host

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Wed May 11 11:45:23 PDT 2005

Helge Blischke wrote:
> ekkard gerlach wrote:
>
>>How can I query a LDP host it it is up?
>>Can I query the queue names that are configured?
>>
>>tia
>>Ekkard
>

> If you mean a *printer* speaking LPD, you could hack a little script
> that sends
I think about ThinClients with lpd-printer functionality or printer
switches. In case of errors I've no tool to check if ldp service of the
thinClient or switch is on, off or corrupted.
> the LPD query-status command (see RFC 1179 for details) and interprets
> the result, if any.
O.K. Because I'm no hacker  ;-)  I'll search in newsgroups for tools
like this. I'm sure that there exist hundreds of those scripts already.

thx
Ekkard