Printer only prints testpage

mac doggie mac_doggie at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 13:16:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

I installed Clarkconnect 3.0 R3 on my old Pentium III so I could use it as a web/printer server. Clasrconnect comes with cups, and so I'm trying to get my printer to work.

I installed the printer (HP photosmart 7550 [USB]) in cups and printed a testpage. That worked allright. After that I connected to my printserver that runs clarkconnect/cups via My win XP machine. Because Sama is installed under Clarkconnect, I get to connect and see my shares and also my printer. When I install a new networkprinter on my Win XP pc and type in the name of my printer Confetti\HP_photosmart_7550 it finds my printer and all looks fine. I then try to print a testpage, but I only see the job on my Win XP machine. It doesn't appear in CUPS and it doesn't start printing. The jobs status is "placing in queue" after a while it disappears like it is allready done printing, but the printer never starts. The queue also didn't have any amount of pages in it.

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem here ?

I also tried installing a local printer on my Win XP pc and added a new TCP/IP port with the IP address of my server 192.168.XXX.XXX but then the job doesn't get to CUPS either. It get's the status Failed.

Help me please, I don't know what to do next.

kind regards,

-mac-