Jobs are spooled as root?

Ted Fiedler anonymous at easysw.com
Thu May 12 07:26:34 PDT 2005

Im running cups with samba and winbind runnig - samba works, winbbind works - Yet when I send a print job to the printer the
job-originating-user-name on the banner page is always root. The only time the banner page prints the correct name is if A user local to the print server prints a job, Otherwise all jobs are root. This problem started last week sometime - I made no changes to samba, winbind, or cups in that time. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can start looking, to resolve this?

Ted Fiedler