error printing test page from web gui

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu May 12 12:20:02 PDT 2005

John wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem when trying to print a test page from the
> Web Gui. First, let me say that printing is working OK - I can use
> "lp" to print with no problem. The rest of the Web gui appears to be
> working Ok, too. It's just when I click the "Print Test Page" button
> on the printers page, I get "Error: client-error-not-found" displayed
> on the web page, and no printout.

I actually just noticed this bug while I was fiddling with the 1.2
web UI code.  Basically, the location of the test page file is
hardcoded to the configured directory (no checking for the
CUPS_DATADIR env var), so it won't work if you reinstall in a
different location (like you did...)

A fix will be in CUPS 1.2.