How to send EOT (\004) and the end of PS job

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Fri May 13 00:51:23 PDT 2005

> Anonymous wrote:
> >
> > > What CUPS looks for is the JCLEnd attribute in the PPD file.
> >
> > Well, I have found refences to JCL... in docs and added <04>
> > in the last of the following lines (in the imported file):
> >
> > *JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>@PJL SET LMULTIPAGEPRINT=OFF<0A>"
> > *JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = Postscript <0A>"
> > *JCLEnd: "<04><1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ <0A><1B>%-12345X"
> >
> > Then I re-imported the file (is it OK to re-import, did it really
> > overwrite the previous entries?) but that did not change anything.
> >
> Try to modify the *JCLEnd statement by replacing the last "%-12345X"
> by "<04>" (without the quotes).

Did not help. I am afraid the problem is that the JCL commands do not get through to the PPD file generated by the configuration tool. I guess that if they did, and the PS job would reach the printer embedded in PJL JOB Begin/End directives, the problem with waiting-to-get-ready would disappear.

No it seems that the printer is not treated as a PJL-capable printer.
The same happens with the closest 'native' CUPS driver, Lexmark Optra T616 which otherwise works fine with my T420 and T430 printers (except for the lack of EOT in the case of T430 - T420 somehow manages without it). But I cannot send PCL jobs to the printes - these just disappear.

I would be grateful for a hint how to choose the printer driver to allow both PS and PCL jobs, duplex/simplex and 600/1200 dpi resolution.

regards, Michal.