client-error-request-value-too-long

Rick Burge rick.burge at acsatl.com
Fri May 13 08:08:17 PDT 2005

Going to answer my own question:  Turns out that the var/log/cups and
var/spool/cups directories need to be created prior to running cups.  I
would have thougt that if they weren't there the program would have created
them but alas no.  I also would have thought that cupsd would complain when
it couldn't write the error-log when it was started.  Instead there is a
cryptic message when executing lpadmin.

Anyways that solved the problem.