What is 11x17" paper under CUPS?

Carl G. Ponder cponder at austin.ibm.com
Mon May 16 11:29:46 PDT 2005

Helge Blischke wrote:

> You need to edit the PPD and reinstall and reconfigure the printer in
> CUPS. Take e.g. the "Letter" statements as a template and insert the respecive
> 11x17 stuff whereever you find a Letter statement (i.e. not only for page size
> but as well for imageable area, etc.).

Ok, got it to work. I call the paper "Tabloid"; attached is the file

	/etc/cups/ppd/usausljp,duplex,tabloid.ppd

The naming convention may seem a bit "unique" but I use it to differentiate
between letter/legal/tabloid and simplex/duplex for the benefit of applications
that don't allow me to control these in the print menus.

Thanks for the help.