[cups.general] HP Laserjet 4250 gets confused by pjl from windows

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue May 17 07:22:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

  I have just installed an HP Laserjet 4250, and got it working with cups and
also linked it in to samba. My problem is that everything I try to print from
Windows  gets  a postscript error complaining about what is in fact PJL, it says
things like...

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND:@PJL "@PJL" COMMAND TYPE:nametype

etc.

  I have three other printers made by Xerox,  Lexmark, and Digital, which work
fine from cups and samba.

  Any idea what I need to fix? I tried installing the Postscript driver "HP
LaserJet 4250 PS" but it did not help.

  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.