[cups.general] Re: HP Laserjet 4250 gets confused by pjl from

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed May 18 06:28:29 PDT 2005

Alex Finch wrote:

>   I installed the correct print drivers by installing them on a Windows machine
> which I had given the correct privilege to upload to the samba server. This is
> the result:
> [...]
>
>   I don't know how to capture the file, I just click test print from the windows
>     gui.
see note below

>   I have now discovered that if I set the option in the windows dialog to send
> CTRL-D at the end of the job, then after it has printed out the postscript error
> about PJL commands, it prints the file correctly! If I suppress the postscript
> errors then it appears to work ok, but in fact is getting an error on every
> print job.

To capture a print file, do the following:
(1) shut down CUPS
(2) In /etc/cups/printers.conf, comment out the DeviceURI line for the
respective printer
    and insert
    DeviceURI file:/var/tmp/test.ps
    instead (choose any file name you like)
(3) Make sure you enabled the file backend in your cupsd.conf
(4) restart CUPS and print the file in question
(5) undo the changes from above.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke