[cups.general] Re: HP Laserjet 4250 gets confused by pjl from

Franz Pförtsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Fri May 20 03:39:28 PDT 2005

Hello people,

what is the reason for this behaviour?
I also have some printers (ppd's) which needs the raw option from samba.
In my opinion this is only a workaround.

In my special case the following ppd's are infected.
HP DesignJet 1050cm
HP DesignJet 4000ps
Acrobat Distiller 3011.104

I trie to make a diff with and without the raw option, but I am not able to
understand the difference.
What is cups doing with the datastream (pstops)

I there somebody outside to explaine me what's happening?

regards
Franz