[cups.general] Howto force a printer to print Grayscale?

Linuxhippy linuxhippy at web.de
Sat May 21 06:53:53 PDT 2005

Hi there!

I own a Canon-i250 (I know about Canon :( ) and the manufacturer
provides drivers for cups.
They work great except that I want my printer to print black only (so
that greyscales aren't mixed out of Colours), but I don't know where to
change this.
The kprinter-dialog tells me that the only supported operating mode is
"RGB", however I believe (I am not exactly sure) that it was possible
with an older version of cups (shipped with SuSE-9.1) to print true
grayscale too.

Is there any way to force the printer to print black only?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens