OFFENDING COMMANDS

print at vltool.com print at vltool.com
Tue May 24 12:00:49 PDT 2005

I am getting OFFENDING COMMAND errors daily with my cups server.  When the error occurs it freezes my print queue and I have to either delete the erroneous job or restart cups.  The exact error is

ERROR: timeout
OFFENDING COMMAND: timeout

STACK:

37
37
37
37
-mark-
(mark_up)

This error does vary but is always a timeout.

I am currently using cups version 1.1.19-13 but this error occurred on earlier versions also.  I print through samba and the printer is a HP8100 laserjet.  Any ideas on why this would occur.  The printer is attached directly to the server via a parallel cable.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Greg