[cups.general] Re: HP Laserjet 4250 gets confused by pjl from

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed May 25 06:50:31 PDT 2005

  Could you clarify your explanation, what exactly constitutes the "Winxx
PostScript driver" and the "NT4 kernel mode driver ".

  I have installed the drivers that come with the installation CDs for our
different printers and put them into samba. They each produce a different
selection of files of course. My only reason for making the windows users send
their files via our samba/cups server is so that all outputs have a consistent
banner, and we can do accounting etc. Otherwise they could all connect directly.
The other advantage is that I install the driver files once and don't need to
remember where i left the CD next time I need to install a windows machine!

  Alex

p.s. sorry for the delay sending this, got distracted!

--
  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.