[cups.general] Watermark

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed May 25 08:29:08 PDT 2005

Henning Skov wrote:
> I have a graphic logo that should be printet on every (or just the first)
> page.
>
> At linuxprinting.org this is the suggestion:
>
> lp -d foo1 -o even:Watermark=on -o odd:ColorMode=Gray file
>
> But how can I tell cups which graphic to use as the watermark?

The options (in this example "Watermark" and "ColorMode") must be
available in the PPD file (see "lpoptions -l"), so the shown line works
only for printers with "Watermark" and "ColorMode" in the PPD file.
options not existing in the PPD will be ignored. A "Watermark" option
you find in the PPD file of most HP PostScript printers. It puts a text
in big outline letters over every page. The choosable texts you can
modify by editing the PPD file.

    Till