[cups.general] Re: usability of cups [was: Re: DeviceURI

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu May 26 09:43:35 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 10:51:17AM -0400, ekkard gerlach wrote:

> Because if 5 entries in the queue because my customer has tried to
> print for 5 times the same. If the backend works again (e.g. printer is
> turned on) 5 copies of the same appear an my customer is angry again ...
>
> Hmmm ... but I could need a backend that writes to file with permissions
> 666  ;-) .. an thats not worth it, I think.

Again, I'm sorry to insist, but :

<shameless plug=on>
  http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/Tea4CUPS/action_Presentation
</shameless>

The sample configuration file includes an example explaining how to
remove duplicate jobs, so only one copy would be printed anyway.

And of course you can redirect the job's datas to any file,
in any directory, with the permissions you like.

And more !

With this software, you don't need to write ANY speciar backend
anymore, just plug any generic script, tool or command into its
infrastructure, and you're done.

bye

Jerome Alet