[cups.general] usability of cups [was: Re:

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri May 27 05:04:33 PDT 2005

Hawker, Daniel wrote:
>  BTW: the networks of my
>
>>customers are not connected to internet and are small offices
>>(about 5 persons). I hope this info helps that one day a
>>small business edition of cups will be released. ;-)
> If you require a small business version of CUPS, I'm sure ESP will sell
> you a version that has an appropriate service level agreement to match
> those needs.

Actually, we do have a solution (ESP Print Pro) which falls under
this category.

In any case, we are working on some changes to the web interface in
CUPS 1.2 that will allow for simple configuration of security and
print sharing with a few clicks.  You'll still need to know the root
password (and we'll be telling you when an operation requires
authentication, and what username/group is required), but it should
be a whole lot easier to set things up without messing with
cupsd.conf by hand.