[cups.general] Cups cancelling my print jobs?!

Matt shamro-c at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 28 06:59:06 PDT 2005

Hello!  I have an interesting delemma at hand...I'm not new to CUPS, so
this is rather vexing.  I am trying to use the parallel port for a
particular old printer (an HP DeskJet 600), and can't seem to get it to
work.  I can add the printer, the driver is included with CUPS, but when
I try to print anything (including a test page), the job shows up in the
completed list as "cancelled"!!  I can print to the printer using the
"raw" driver, but it doesn't produce useful output (but it DOES
print...it just prints raw data instead of what it should be printing).
 I have looked over the forums, but it seems this hasn't come up before.
 I have tried the ports listed as parallel:/dev/lp0, epson:/dev/lp0, and
canon:/dev/lp0 - when using the 600 or related driver, none of them
work.  It just cancels my jobs...

Any ideas??

Thanks a bunch!!
....matt