Remote printing do not work!

Ivan Dubrov WFrag at yandex.ru
Sun May 29 19:56:59 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've installed drivers for the Lexmark Z32 printer, CUPS and foomatic.
Basicly, it works. I launch gpdf, open PDF, print it and this works -
he document get printed. lp /etc/motd works as well.

But when I try to print from remote machine (Windows XP, I create
internet printer with address http://myhost:631/printers/LexmarkZ32,
there LexmarkZ32 is the name of my printer) it does not print! The job
is submitted and then immediatelly goes to the completed jobs list.

If I make CUPS preserve job files (so they are stored in the
/var/spool/cups), I can print them later by performing
"cat <job-file> > /dev/lp0".

I even tried to set 0666 permission on the /dev/lp0, this do not help.

My ditribution is Debian AMD64 (I've created wrappers for lexmark
binaries so they work in 64-bit environment), printer - Lexmark Z32,
printing system - CUPS.

Can anybody tell me what's the problem?

The bad thing is that I can't find any detailed log from the CUPS - the
only files /var/log/cups/error_log and /var/log/cups/access_log do not
contain anything interesting!