[cups.general] Client.conf -- ServerName causes No route to Host

Matthew Kettlewell matt at kettlewell.net
Mon May 30 10:31:50 PDT 2005

Hello,

OS:  Fedora Core 3 (client & server)
Cups: cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.8

Problem:  My client machine can't (won't?) print to my server machine.

Setup:  Server name is 'mushu' (192.168.1.5) client name is 'goofy'
(192.168.1.2)

In client box, if I specify a ServerName in client.conf (ip or name) it
causes a "no route to host' message using lpinfo or lpstat and eggcups
doesn't show any available printers.  However, if I specify no
serverName in client.conf, I don't get the message, but no printing
activity either.  I've re-checked my /etc/hosts file and netstat -r
looks OK.

I've turned browsing on (client and server machines).  I turned loglevel
to debug2, but I don't see any errors.  In fact I am seeing what appears
to be ipp://   logged traffic.

I have set my deny policy to None and my Allow policy to All ( to debug
and eliminate permission problems)

I'm at a loss.  I've seen lots of traffic on problems setting up client
machines, but they all have gotten things set up eventually.  I've been
messing with this for a week straight, and am running out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

PS.  If my cupsd.conf or client.conf files would be of help I can post
them as well.