PS printer does not want to print text

Mauricio Tavares anonymous at easysw.com
Mon May 30 14:10:10 PDT 2005

I have here lexmark W820 network Post Script that is getting in my nerves. I configured it in cups and have no problem printing a .ps file or from open office or even from a website.  But, when I try to print a plain txt file, nothing will come out even though if I go to localhost:631 and check the queue, it will report as it has been printed successfuly. However, using enscript to print the same file will give me beautiful results.  Why does the bloody printer refuse to do text?  I even tried lopw820.ppd (driver made by lexmark itself) and did not go anywhere fast.

BTW, I have a HP deskjet printer 952c (non PS) and, with ESP ghostscript I have no issues printing. What am I doing wrong here?