[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1167: wrong line break in ppd template for

Ulrich Knecht knecht at atelion.de
Mon May 2 13:13:36 PDT 2005

[STR New]

when I install a new printer as e.g. "HP LaserJet 4200 Foomatic/Postscript"
(seems to concern all HP LaserJets),
in the resulting PPD file in /etc/cups/ppd there is an
error that results in the printer demanding manual input
slot selection.

 Instead of

*InputSlot Default/Default: "%% FoomaticRIPOptionSetting:
InputSlot=Default"
*FoomaticRIPOptionSetting InputSlot=Default: "<</ManualFeed false &&
>>setpagedevice\n"

it reads:

*InputSlot Default/Default: "%% FoomaticRIPOptionSetting:
InputSlot=Default"
*FoomaticRIPOptionSetting InputSlot=Default: "<</ManualFeed fals&&
e>>setpagedevice\n"

(note the wrong linebreak in the word "false")

When I correct the corresponding ppd file, automatic input slot
selection works as expected.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1167
Version: 1.1.23