[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1179: Problem and fix for printing landscape

Aicardi Stéphane aicardi at math.polytechnique.fr
Wed May 11 06:16:06 PDT 2005

[STR New]

I had systematical problems printing landscape pdf with Preview on Mac OS X
10.3 using a shared printer with a RedHat server running cups 1.1.17.

Using the logs and processing a test document step by step through all
filters, I found out that the option "orientation-requested" with value 5
in the filter pstops was the source of the problem. That led me to the
sources. The option is handled by the file filter/common.c in lines
109-123 and the code provided behaves wrong for values 5 and 6 of the
option "orientation-requested".

I attach here a simple fix for this problem.

I checked in the last stable version of the sources, and the problem
remains. But I only tested my patch with the version 1.1.17 patched by
RedHat.

I hope you will find this useful.

Sincerely yours

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1179