[cups.development] Re: [RFE] STR #1182: Support for ident

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed May 18 08:32:37 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:05:24PM -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:
> First blush - the patch looks reasonable.
>
> We'll definitely need to make this a configurable option.

How would you like it to be configured? The various use cases I
forsee are at least:

 - allow *only* ident auth
 - try ident and fallback to basic/digest
 - try basic/digest and fallback to ident

> Also, I don't have an <ident.h> header - what software would be
> required to use ident authentication?

Ah, sorry. It depends on Peter Eriksson's libident - the default in
Debian which I'm using. The package says it was downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/libs but I'm currently getting
"No route to host" :(

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>