[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1184: Too many copies

kssingvo.suse kssingvo at suse.de
Tue May 24 10:11:06 PDT 2005

[STR New]

I compiled cups/ipp.c with DEBUG enabled, to get more information. :-)

But as this issue happens only on our production machine, I could not
replace the library during work hours and it took some time to wait for a
good and not so noisy chance. :-)

I attached the server logfile with debug output: the same job got printed
by the printer, but the server returned an (invalid) error message to the
client, therefore the client sent the job again, got again printed by the
server, but reproduced the (invalid) error from to client again, etc.

I stopped it after the 3rd (and unwished) printout copy.

Hopefully someone understands the protocoll so far and can give me a hint
where cups-1.1.20 (!) has it problem.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1184
Version: 1.1.20