Anonymous User Job Control

ajg112 at ohm.york.ac.uk ajg112 at ohm.york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 05:09:37 PST 2005

Thanks all for your replies,

The main problem is that most of our lab members use Windows depsite continued persuassion to get them to 'make the switch'. Ideally it would be nice if they could control jobs from window's own printer queue dialog boxes. However, I guessed this was expecting too much, and decided the web interface would do just as well.

It would seem that I'm really going to have to wait until cups 1.2 becomes stable and is released. From what I can see from the roadmap, this doesn't seem too far away.

That said, I'd still like to hear of any ideas to sort this problem out with 1.1

Just a bit of further info. I'm not using samba in this configuration. Printing is done direct via IPP.

Thanks again
Andy