[cups.general] HP3650 for XP

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 10:48:14 PST 2005

Moin,

My hp3650 is attached to a remote CUPS-Server. I use it with kprinter (Linux
and Solaris) without any problem.
Now my girlfriend want to access this printer from her XP notebook via samba.
While it is easy to access my HP4L this way it seems, that there is no XP
driver for the hp3650 if the device is not attached to the USB-Port.

Now I'm looking for a possibility to manage this. So, is the 3650 compatible
with an other model that can be configured as a network printer? Or is there
a way to redirect the USB-Port for the printer driver to the cups server?

Thanks for any hint!
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-81541 Munich      Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |