[cups.general] Problems with CUPS and OKI C3200N in raw mode

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Wed Nov 9 05:09:05 PST 2005

Uwe Dierolf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a problem concerning CUPS and raw mode.
> We've bought a new color laserprinter, OKI C3200N.
> It's an GDI printer.

:)

Bad plan. I remember reading somewhere that some ambitious fellow was
trying to write a GDI printer library to allow win printers to work.
That was a while ago now. Try googling for it.

> We had the hope that we could use it via
> CUPS using the raw mode but until now we've not been successful.
> Does anybody has an idea how we can get the printer to work with CUPS?

Have a look at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Generic-GDI_Printer

It doesn't say a lot about your printer, but mentions a few others that
apparently work. I don't think you will get it working in raw mode, but
I may be wrong.

Dan