Adding Printers On 2nd System Adds Entries on Servers

denvid at thewanderinghermit.com denvid at thewanderinghermit.com
Sat Nov 12 11:43:59 PST 2005

> denvid at thewanderinghermit.com wrote:
> > So why is cups on the server aware of the printer on the workstation,
> > while the workstation is NOT aware of the printers on the server?
> > And why does the server create a 2nd entry for what is the same
> > printer, just access from another computer?
>
> More than likely, the server does not have a BrowseAddress line and
> the client does have one in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

I experimented with browse and added a BrowsePoll line to the client and that fixed it.  I had read the server config and thought all browse related lines were commented out, but after your message, I double checked (that's what I get for reading .conf files after midnight!) this morning, and saw that was the big difference -- the server was browsing and the client was not.

Thanks!

Denvid