CUPS and RFC 1179

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Nov 14 05:39:35 PST 2005

Anonymous wrote:
> The cups-lpd mini-daemon provides support for LPD clients. Do the
> daemon support the RFC 1179 protocoll?

Yes, however it does not enforce the privileged port rules, that is,
the source port does not have to be between 721 and 731.

 > Do the daemon handle all options defined for the control file
 > listed in section 7 of the RFC 1179 protocol?

cups-lpd currently does not support the I (indent), M (mail), S
(symlink), W (width), 1 (troff R font), 2 (troff I font), 3 (troff
B font), 4 (troff S font), or z (Palladium hook) control commands.

CUPS 1.2 will add support for M (mail).