Lexmark 4227 Plus Printer

fortuitous info at fortuitous.com
Mon Nov 14 15:51:05 PST 2005

I'm trying to get the CUPS driver from Lexmark 4227 to working. Right now I have modified the PPD for a Okidata Microline 321, and that almost works but the fonts are not correct.

  Is there a plain old text driver that can be used for these dot-matrix
style printers? This has to be something simple if I am having this much problems with it.

 Also, how can fonts be added to the CUPS system? I see no font packages that come with. We run Debian stable/sarge..

 Thanks,

 -Phil