FileMaker prints blacked out fields through cups

Eric Browning eric at jdchs.org
Tue Nov 15 07:28:28 PST 2005

Hello, new here, we are printing filemaker 6.x documents through a FC4 sever running the latest cups install.

When ever we print though all filled fields come out black (looking like most gov't docs).  FileMaker Inc says it's the printers (http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3957&p_created=1115172781&p_sid=yiyUrBUh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjYmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWJsYWNrZWQgb3V0IGZpZWxkcw**&p_li=&p_topview=1).

If I print directly to the pritner (HP 4050N) it print fine, printing through the print server though yields the blacked out fields.

I'm using the recommended poscript driver and have tried turning off all of the options to prerender ghostscript, and forcing poscript 1 and 2, as well as the convert all text to postscript, etc.  No luck, any ideas?

thanks in advance :-)