cups-lpd not accepting jobs

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Nov 16 07:49:29 PST 2005

Hello all... I am finally gettig somewhere w/ cups. I now need to figure out where my lpd jobs are going on this system. I ran etherreal and could see that the job was accepted however it never shows up anywhere. This is a LPD host que that in turn points to another cups que that prints PDF to a location /depot/PDF.Pub. If I print from cups webadmin to this queue the jobs shows up where I expect, if I print from windows to this queue it ends up in /var/spool/cups-pdf.

What am I missing here? My /etc/xinetd.d/printer file is as follows:

service printer
    {
        socket_type = stream
        protocol = tcp
        wait = no
        user = lp
        group = sys
        passenv =
        server = /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd
        server_args = -o document-format=application/octet-stream
    }

What am I missing?