[cups.general] printer drivers on AIX

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 06:35:46 PST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 07:02, Stef Coene wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running cups 1.1.23 compiled from source on a AIX 5.3 (I disabled
> the compile of pdftops because I had some errors).
>Cups is working fine and I can print if I configure the printer as a
> raw printer.  But I want to use the supplied laserjet driver.  When I
> do this, this error is logged when printing the test page from the web
> GUI: "Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?"

This is your clue that the version of ghostscript you have installed
doesn't have the same option set compiled in that an ESP release of
ghostscript would have.  While its nice to stay on the bleeding edge,
thats burnt me more than once.  Install the ghostscript you can dl from
the cups site, and it Just Works(TM).