Problem installing cups

Johannes Bretscher bretscher at 5sl.org
Sun Nov 20 08:48:12 PST 2005

Hello,
I'd like to use cups. I have downloaded and installed it AFAIKS without
problems. Now I tried to configure cups but when I try to connect to the
cups daemon with http it does not work. I get:

#v+
hans at cthulhu:~> telnet localhost 631
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1