device drop down blank web admin

Sim Zacks sim at compulab.co.il
Mon Nov 21 04:20:27 PST 2005

After Cups didn't work, I figured I needed lpd to be running too.
That also didn't work.
You're probably right about it being extra, but it is not the
mitigating factor because it didn't work before I turned lpd on.

I've seen mention that cups must be started on boot up. Does anyone
know if this is factual or if there is a reason for it or what it must
be started before? I can't reboot my box before this evening, as it is
a production server.

Sim

"watchdog" <no_spam_watchdog_but_no_spam at free.fr> wrote in message
news:23130-cups.general at news.easysw.com...
> Sim Zacks wrote:
> > I just installed cups1.1.17 on my redhat 8 system to print to a network
> > printer.
> > I can get to the website and click Add Printer and then fill in the
Name,
> > Location and Description of the printer.
> > When I click Continue, it takes me to a page where I should choose a
Device