device drop down blank web admin

Sim Zacks sim at compulab.co.il
Mon Nov 21 04:43:45 PST 2005

I just restarted cups after adding it and it worked.

OK, I checked that point but it's true that the problem appeared on
coming back from my summer working place, where my PC had a static IP
and a specific hostname, different from "localhost". Back at home, I
changed my /etc/hosts back to something containing :

127.0.0.1       localhost       localhost.localdomain   summer_hostname

I left the summer_hostname in the aliases, just in case... But still, it
doesn't work. Is there anything to be done for cupsd to take into
account the changes in /etc/hosts ?? Should be done automatically, no ?