Disabling round-robin printing to a class

a42n8k9 at dejazzd.com a42n8k9 at dejazzd.com
Mon Nov 21 13:29:39 PST 2005

We have a situation where we have two "stream-formatting" servers that convert textual data to a graphical form.  I've set up CUPS to print to both of our servers and created a class as well.

Our unique situation is that the order in which the jobs are submitted is the order in which they must make it to the printer.  By printing to the class, CUPS sends out the jobs in round-robin fashion.  Unfortunately this creates the case where job #2 can make it to the printer before job #1.

Can the round-robin functionality within CUPS be disabled when printing to a class?  Is this something that is configurable or hard-coded?

Thanks
- Bennett