Problem adding printer under linux

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Nov 22 09:57:33 PST 2005

Hello,

I tried again with lpadmin and it failed with:

root at pc:~# lpadmin -p PRINTER -v https://10.0.0.10:631/printers/PRINTER -P /usr/share/cups/model/color.ppd
lpadmin: add-printer (set device) failed: client-error-not-possible

The result was the same using port 443 after reconfiguring cupsd.conf in the server machine. The PPD file exists, so I don't think the error is related to it. Moreover, if I use http instead of https the printer is added to the client machine, but when I try to print something the job remains on queue and is not printed (because I'm trying to use SSLPort 631 in cupsd.conf instead of Port 631 in order to have a secure server).

Any idea to get through this?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo