[cups.general] Re: Re: Problem adding printer under linux

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Wed Nov 23 01:48:24 PST 2005

Hello,
you cannot use https://, try ipp:// instead.

In your example this should be:
lpadmin -p PRINTER -v ipp://10.0.0.10:631/printers/PRINTER -P /usr/share/cups/model/color.ppd -E

There doesn't exits a PPD named  /usr/share/cups/model/color.ppd in a
standard CUPS system. So I don't know what it should do? Beware,
because you might stumble over the fact that ipp:// doesn't require an
extra filtering, and some strange, unclear results might result.

Nevertheless, I would suggest, that you enable the Browse Broadcasts
at your server 10.0.0.10, instead of installing an extra queue at your
local host (have a closer look a the SAM file of your CUPS
documentation, or just play around with your cupsd.conf :-). This is
the solution, you might be interested in, because it means less
administration work finally for you.

Best regards,
	Klaus.

--