Migrating printers from one CUPS instance to another

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Nov 24 04:30:44 PST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a standby CUPS server, where all the printers configured on the primary should be available on the secondary.

On the secondary host, if I create a printer manually, it works fine. However if I replace the printers.conf file from the primary, I am not able to access the browser page on port 631 (Page not found).
Any idea what could the problem be ?
Would a copy of printers.conf be sufficient to migrate the printers defined on the primary to the secondary ?

regards,
Kevin Hill