[cups.general] Printing to a file from FoxPro on Dosemu

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Thu Nov 24 05:17:07 PST 2005

I'm sending this again, because it did not seem to go through the first
time.

My objective is to be able to print to a file and to a postscript
printer from FoxPro on Dosemu.  I do have printing working, but have
problems.

For printing to a file, I'm using the cups-pdf plugin.  The pdf files
are being created, but they are blank.  I've configured the print
command both as "lpr" and "lpr -l" with the same result.

When I print to a postscript printer, It uses 50 pages of paper for a
job that should use 1 or 2 pages.  This printer prints a proper test
page from cups.

I suspect this is a characterset problem as referenced in the cups
section of the resource below.

http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/dosemu.html

When I send output directly to a file in FoxPro, I have wierd characters
such as this:

    ^[EPub_ws^[F
    11/22/2005

If it is the problem referenced in the Dosemu for Dummies article, that
I need a filter.  The procedure referenced is for lpd.  How might I go
about this for CUPS?

Randall