Cups somehow duplicated

Herman Viaene ikke at thuis.be
Sat Nov 26 04:33:10 PST 2005

I am running Mandriva LE2005.
I changed my printer physically from one PC to another in my home network.
But on the new print server PC (which was previously a "client") I forgot to
delete the remote printer before connecting the printer to it, so on this
machine the printer is now local.
Thereafter I removed the remote printer in printerdrake, but there still
remains something in CUPS, that makes it fail when the PC is started. I
always get the message "Child exited with status 98".

Once the PC is started, I can start CUPS without apparent problems. But when
I open printerdrake again, I always get two boxes "Installing CUPS", the
first one goes away (and I can actually print), but the second comes with a
message "Could not restart CUPS"

I searched my /etc files for duplicate entries, searched Google, but no joy.

Anyone a suggestion how I can correct this situation?

Herman Viaene