lpmove

Michael Lai sesquis at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 29 17:16:10 PST 2005

Hello folks,

  I'm working in a computer lab which is thinking about moving our current print system from lprng to cups.  We've begun to play around with cups, and we've found some problems.  While we found out that cups does not quite provide an implementation of printer queues that's useful for our purposes, but we've written something of a hack around it.

  Our main problem is, however, that there isn't a command line utility to move jobs between queues (in particular, lpmove).  Is there another command that can be used to move jobs between queues?  Or does CUPS accept an IPP move job packet (which seems to be described in the cups documentation)?