[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1342: Web interface no longer works.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Nov 4 07:50:38 PST 2005

Hello,

On Nov 3 20:37 Rick Seitz wrote (shortened):
> I am using cups 1.1.23 on SuSE 10.0. When I first installed cups
> all was fine, during an attempt to share the printer with computers
> on the network I am no longer able to get into localhost:631
> (but cups is up and running and the printer is shared.)
>
> I get the following error;
>
> Not Found
> The requested resource was not found on this server.

This is no bug in CUPS (otherwise it wouldn't have worked at all).

It seems somehow you changed the "DocumentRoot" entry in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf to a wrong value.

For example when you update the CUPS packages but still use the old
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf you should check whether the settings in this
file are still correct for the new package version.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de