[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1344: lpoptions sometimes(!) reports missing PPD

Volker Stolz vs+cups at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 7 13:56:17 PST 2005

[STR New]

lpoptions -l behaves highly non-deterministically (for any of the several
configured printers):
It has a very high probability (8 in 10 perhaps) of yielding "Destination
has no PPD file!".
Also, the web-interface will often yield "error 0xffffff" (sorry, I'm
having problems reproducing the exact error-message with the
debugging-build) when applying a configuration-change.
I tried debugging this the whole day, here's the run down for the
'lpoptions -d (printer) -l'-path. The attached tar-ball includes:

- packet dump showing that somewhere a http-response from cupsd to
lpoptions stops half-way
- the client-side ('lpoptions') debugging output reports a recv() of 0
bytes
- the server-side debugging output shows no problem (to me)

Incidently, passing '-h (hostname)' to lpoptions fixes this behaviour.

OS is FreeBSD 4.11

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1344
Version: 1.1.23